Personally Designed Comprehensive Study Retreat
with Video/Photography Sessions with Carl Sermon Photography
Your Own Special Dance Workout and Mini-Vacation
The perfect "teacher training" study package
A special opportunity to select the workshop study and schedule you wish. Design a demanding schedule or combination of classes and a relaxing mini-vacation. This is a uniquely yours “only one of its kind 24/3” exclusive dance study experience. Contact Ma*Shuqa to schedule dates and she will send a questionnaire and a list of workshop topics and activities list to help you design your unique personalized Comprehensive Study weekend with Ma*Shuqa and Carl. All inclusive: workshops (dance instruction, make-up, teaching tips), photos, video, accommodations, food, study guide and notes, transportation, and relaxation activities.
24/3 Dance Study Weekend price includes Bed & Breakfast and airport pickup!
Ma*Shuqa and Carl welcome you to their home and studio to share their knowledge, know-how, and experience in Middle Eastern dance. Carl is known as the Raq Star Photographer, see his photography at www.ReelSoundandLight.com Ma*Shuqa shares knowledge of the business of dance: professional and image development, promotional marketing, studio management, and key aspects of managing your dance career. Together, they provide an exclusive comprehensive study like no other workshop offered to dancers.
Select the workshop topics and schedule you wish. Design a demanding schedule or combination of classes and a relaxing mini-vacation. Uniquely yours, this exclusive dance study opportunity is an "only one of its kind" personalized experience.
Create a Comprehensive Study Schedule from exciting topics and activities:
- Ma*Shuqa Method Dance instruction – dance styles and Middle Eastern rhythms, finger cymbals, improvisation and performance tips
- Ma*Shuqa Method Teaching System– learning styles, instructional guides and notes
- Business of dance – start-up, marketing, professional image development
- Health education – science of warm-ups, body types/styles and dance instruction
- Photography and videography – professional photos, coaching, audition video, performance photos
- Personal relaxation time – massage, local touring – California beaches, Rosicrucian Egyptian Museum, wine tasting
- Professional development – performance opportunity with coaching, photos, video, and feedback
Perfect Personalized Teacher Training Opportunity
We cover everything from dance business 101, make-up & photo session, health education, dance coaching, and teaching techniques with the Ma*Shuqa Method Notation System. A very special extensive Comprehensive Study weekend personalized to your needs and requests. Work hard, play hard, relax and have fun - all in a beautiful private setting park like setting among California redwood trees and garden nestled at the foot of the Santa Cruz Mountains in California, USA. All this personalized instruction for only $590/person for 2 dancers. $750 single dancer.
Comprehensive Format (Sample Schedule - we design your schedule for you)
- Airport pick up
- Get acquainted time - wine and cheese/tea and cookies
- Set the weekend schedule and personal development goals
- Delicious Friday evening dinner
- Evening study time: professional development goal setting and Dance Business 101
-Late night snacks, study, and dance videos
- Morning yoga, science of warm-ups
- Scrumptious Breakfast
- Morning study: Ma*Shuqa method instruction: dance, rhythms, cymbals
- BBQ Lunch in our redwood grove
- Afternoon chair massage relaxation time
- Afternoon tea and more study: make-up and photos , performance coaching
- Evening performance and a relaxing dinner at a Moroccan restaurant
- Late night snacks & more study: coaching, professional development Q&A
- Morning Wake-up with Tai Chi and Yoga
- Leisurely Breakfast on the patio
- Morning study: dance, rhythms, cymbals
- Lunch with discussion and sharing
- Afternoon tea and more study time or local wine-tasting
- Dinner together and/or Depart for airport
You pick the topics - we supply the knowledge and know-how! An opportunity to create your own personalized study weekend. You decide what you want to learn (for example): teaching techniques and new topics for teaching, dance styles and rhythms (Turkish, Lebanese, Egyptian, and Greek), Isis Wings and veil, Fluid floor dance, Shamadan, Sensual Taxim, and more. Select from topics listed at www.MaShuqa.com.
Ma*Shuqa iis known as the performing dancer's instructor with over 35 years of providing style and performance coaching. Ma*Shuqa teaches dancers to understand the music and rhythms and transform steps and technique into performance with the magical essense of style and unique performance signatures. She has authored and contributed educational articles for dance periodicals for the last 25 years. Ma*Shuqa's educational background and years of experience in the fields of Sociology, Psychology, Health Education, Business Management, university teaching, and doctoral study in curriculum and instruction provide a vast experience base and bona fide expertise. Ma*Shuqa's teaching has been highly praised by her students and they say she offers a unique opportunity for students to learn in a personalized and focused manner. Ma*Shuqa's Method is based on sound educational theory and together with her performance experience fosters healthy posture, beautiful technique and form, and elegant stage performance in her students.
Carl Sermon is the premier photographer for the Middle Eastern Dance community. The key to his success is over 30 years of performance photography experience, knowledge of the music and the dance form, and the expertise to anticipate the best moment to photograph the most favorable image of the dancer. Carl's years of experience photographing the dance gives him a predictive focus and artistic intuition, and along with fast image composition skills enables him to capture live-action images. His combined photographic expertise and extensive knowledge of Middle Eastern dance - based on years of understand the music, rhythms, and dance styles in performance - results in intuitively knowing and anticipatin what the dancer may do next, and instanteously capturing the image at the precise moment that portrays the dancer's personalty and style.
Contact Ma*Shuqa to help you design your uniquely personalized Comprehensive Study weekend. An all-inclusive weekend of dance workshops, peformance photos, video, accommodations, food, study guides and notes, transportation, and relaxation activities. Reel.Sound@comcast.net (408) 356-9473 MaShuqadancer@gmail.com